What are the benefits of hemp seed oil?
El hemp oil or hemp seed oil has a golden or light green color (depending on whether it is obtained from the hulled or whole seeds) and a delicate nutty flavor. It stands out for its benefits of being an omega-3 source with heart-healthy and anti-inflammatory properties. In this article, we’ll explain what hemp oil is, how it’s extracted, its nutritional properties, and the benefits that including it in your diet will bring to your health.
What is hemp oil?
Hemp oil is obtained from the cold pressing of hemp seeds. Has rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids (70%) and is an excellent nutritional source of these components.
At the culinary level, it is interesting for its delicate nutty flavor. It is consumed raw, in the form of a dressing, or in sauces to better preserve all the properties of the oil.
From a nutritional point of view, it is recommended as if it were a natural omega-3 supplement. One teaspoon of hemp oil provides the full amount of omega-3 recommended daily for an adult.
Properties of hemp oil: color and taste
The properties of hemp oil vary slightly depending on the manufacturing process:
- Green hemp oil: made from whole seeds They have a bright green color and intense nutty flavor. It has a high chlorophyll content. It should be noted that chlorophyll is very sensitive to light, so this oil should be stored in a very cool and dark place (we recommend it in the refrigerator).
- Golden hemp oil: made from hulled and roasted hemp seeds that have a golden color and a slightly nutty flavor.
All our oils are made from cold-pressed hemp seeds ecologically.
What nutrients does hemp oil provide us?
Hemp oil is one of the foods with the highest omega-3 content. This component has heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory properties and protects the proper functioning of the nervous system. The benefits of omega 3 include:
- It is a type of heart-healthy fat that lowers blood pressure and triglycerides and LDL cholesterol (or “bad cholesterol”).
- Local anti-inflammatory that could help in processes of joint pain, arthritis, osteoarthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Prevention of cognitive impairment, since Omega 3 is part of neurons and neurotransmitters.
- Prevention of some types of cancer, such as colon, prostate, and breast.
- Other important components of hemp oil are phytosterols (plant sterols, components that lower LDL cholesterol) and tocopherols (vitamin E, antioxidant).
In which diets is hemp oil interesting?
Hemp oil provides the omega-3 fatty acids needed in:
- Diets for heart health: hypertension, cardiac arrhythmias, cholesterol, diabetes, fatty liver, etc.
- Diets for improving circulation: Varicose veins, tired legs, old age, etc.
- Diets for nervous disorders: Stress, depression, anxiety, hyperactivity, etc.
- Diets for him during pregnancy and lactation: the need for omega 3 increases in these stages.
- Diets for pain relief (anti-inflammatory): Menstrual pain, arthritis, bronchitis, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, etc.
With Cannactiva we recommend professional advice and that the diet therapy is accompanied by proper habits and lifestyle to avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Consult your doctor.
How much hemp oil is recommended to take?
The recommended daily amount depends on each person and their needs. In general, 1 teaspoon of dessert is enough to consume all the omega-3 fatty acids an adult needs (that is, 5 ml of oil provides about 1 g of omega-3). However, more can be safely consumed in 5mg d9 gummies.